Monday, July 13, 2009

Bike rides, Aunt Mur, Parks and Sea World

As you can see from the title we have a lot to cover so this may be the world's longest post. Brace yourselves.
It was CRAZY here for the 4th of July. Jeff went for a run in the morning and he said by 7am the beaches were full of chairs, tents, games, tables, people, etc.... Apparently this is the busiest day of the year around here and boy oh boy did we witness it! We decided to rent bikes, which was super fun but very adventurous considering the crowds we were weaving in and out of. Tyler loved riding behind his dad and is now convinced that he can ride a bike without training wheels. ( We haven't quite burst his bubble yet.) I was impressed though because I thought he would just kind of sit back and enjoy the ride but he was pedaling the entire time...with a HUGE grin on his face. He thought he was such a big boy. Here are a couple pictures of us. I'm pretty sure Kate got the good end of the deal..(notice the bag of gold fish she is thoroughly enjoying!!)
Jeff had to fly up to Portland for a couple days so I was glad Mur was there to keep us company. Man, did we have fun! Of course, we missed our daddy but I had to prove to the kids that I can be just as much fun, if not more!! I think I'm a little ahead of you now daddy....sorry.

Let's start off with Mur's obsession to go home twenty shades darker than she was when she came. The kids obliged and we spent HOURS at the beach.What a stinker! The great part is that Kate was loving it.

(Too bad we don't have a picture of the bronzed beauty...Mur.)

They have a fun little area over by Mission Beach that has rides, games, food and shopping. We spent a couple nights over there and the kids LOVED it. They especially loved the tilt-a-whirl and I gotta be honest, I was about to hurl after the second time around...I must be getting old...yikes!
I was dying at this point, thank goodness Mur was there to switch places with me.

Tyler thought it was so great they got to go on this ride without Mom.
He loves feeling like he's "in charge."
Again...Mur takes one for the team on the "spinning" rides. Thanks Murbis!

And last but certainly not least....Sea World!
The kids loved the Shamu and Pets Rule show the best.
Kate was a little nervous to be in this cave. She was convinced
the Polar Bear was in it and wanted to get out ASAP!
Mur and Tyler touching "Mr. Ray" He loved it!
(only asked about 500 more times to go back and pet them.)

We started out fully clothed and then....

...the Ogden came out in them.

Brooke enjoyed her first visit to Sea World. She was either doing this or
this.

Wow! Is this for real??? I will be impressed with anyone that gets through this in a day. We had such a fun trip. It was great being together and making such fun memories. Until next time....

p.s. I wasn't too successful at convincing the kids I'm just as much fun as dad because on the airplane going home they were fighting over who got to sit by dad....whatever, I'm over it.

6 comments:

  1. Wow...when you started out saying this would be a long blog entry I was thinking 10 minutes tops...not a mini series. You will have to do the year end Christmas re-cap write-ups from now on. Man, where did that time go? I agree with you though....'until the next time'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your vacation! We will be around next week if you decide to get together then! We would love to see everyone again...and all the kids we've never met!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jana! Im so glad you found Mindys blog and then mine. I loved seeing all your cute pictures and hearing all about your cute family! It is so amazing what 10 years does! Your children are precious! Looks like you live by the beach... must be nice! Im so glad I will be able to stay in touch through blogs now that we have found each other! I have so many fond memories of that fun time in Provo we had... I always think of you guys whenever I eat or make scotcharoos or chocoscotch cookies :) love ya,
    Angie (Biolo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priceless! I can see those pictures of them on the beach with their arms around each other on a wedding video one day! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JANA!!!! It is soooo soooo sooo good to hear from you!! I have been secretly hoping I would find you somehow! I look for you on facebook from time to time, but either you are not on there or I don't have good detective skills! I will blog stalk you from now on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out Jeff in the man tank! I love it!!! Jana, let him know that I TOTALLY thought about trying to look you guys up while I was at Aspen Grove... but there's just something about old friends (especially when they're guys) seeing you fat and pregnant. You probably understand that. (Plus I'm really raelly lazy right now.) But one of these days I'd love to get together. I'll be up there next year for Laurie Hamer's wedding. (Jeff should remember her.) So, we'll have to do dinner, when I'm not eating for two. :) Give him the biggest hug for me. I seriously adore your hubby. He was always SUCH a great friend to me. Every time I think of him I smile.
    Jen Wyeth (Meacham)

    ReplyDelete