Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kindergarten

My BIG boy started Kindergarten this week.
He was so excited,
which made ME so excited,
which made for a little less tears shed
by his emotional mommy :)

(He asked if he could pick the "first day of school lunch"
and make it himself
.
He really milked the whole first day of school thing
...you would have thought it was his birthday!)
(Tyler with his friends Diego and Max waiting for the bell to FINALLY ring!!)

Really, I do love that he has such a great attitude about new
things. It makes the whole "letting go" thing much easier.
I'm such a wimp!

For journal purposes I need to write down some of the quotes he
has said throughout the week so I don't forget them...or so I
can have him read them when the "newness" wears off!

"Is today school? Yes! I seriously thought this day
would never come?"
"Can I just go to school for the rest of my life, everyday?
Because I really do love it so much."
"It's okay mom, I can just walk home by myself now...I have
like a million friends that can walk with me." (nice try, sweetie)
"I just can't wait to go meet all my new friends!"
"Mom, guess what? I sit by the cutest girl in the whole class!"
(This one killed me! This boy cannot already be girl crazy!)
"You are going to ask me how school was, I know.
Well, it was even better than yesterday!"

I would say it's safe to assume he has enjoyed the first week of school, wouldn't you?

Now, onto my little preschooler....

1 comment:

  1. It comes all to fast! At least he likes it! It would be so hard to drop them off if they were crying and didn't want to go!

    ReplyDelete